Laser Skin Resurfacing San Jose
Laser Skin Resurfacing – Fraxel Laser
Fraxel® is proven laser technology that can help reverse the visible effects of aging, naturally helping you look as young as you feel. With Fraxel, change isn’t drastic or scary – it’s you, just younger.
In the decade since Fraxel first pioneered true fractional laser technology, physicians around the world have treated more than 800,000 patients. That’s nearly a million treatments for women and men of all ethnicities, each with their own reasons for wanting to look and feel younger.
What Can be treated with Fraxel?
- Fine lines and wrinkles – like crow’s feet and brow lines
- Scar Removal – erasing effects of acne and another scarring
- Pigmentation – minimizing the appearance of age spots
- Sun damage – helping heal dangerous skin damage
- Actinic Keratosis (AK) – a common pre-cancerous skin condition
Fraxel is for people who want to look good – and want real results – but don’t want the overly change or extended downtimes that comes with surgery. Fraxel fits into any lifestyle and your current beauty regimen:
- Non-invasive, clinically proven to be safe, easily managed into your routine
- Real change you just can’t get from lotions and creams
- Simple, effective treatment that really reverses signs of aging
What is FRAXEL?
Fraxel® Laser is a revolutionary approach to all laser resurfacing procedures. Simply put, Fraxel® treatment promotes your skin’s own healing process, resulting in natural rejuvenation that removes years from your appearance. It can treat areas on the face, including around the lips and eyes, and body parts including neck, arms, and hands. There is no cutting of the skin, so patients can achieve the same positive effects of ablative laser procedures and deep chemical peels without the associated “downtime” or potential side effects.
How Many Treatments Do I need?
You will see improvements with each treatment session. Clinical studies suggest that 3-5 treatments spaced about 14 to 28 days apart produce a gradual remodeling of dermal matrix components until complete healing occurs and “good” material that contains collagen and elastin replaces old epidermal and dermal tissue. Over a period of 1-3 months, clinical improvement in photo-aged skin correlates with dermal repair and positive skin changes
What’s the real downtime ?
- Depending upon your skin type generally, it takes 1-3 days to get normal skin and swelling to go away.
- Folks have done Fraxel on Fri, took rest on Sat/Sun and have gone to work on Monday with proper precaution. Please keep in mind each person is different.
- you need to stay away from Sun for at least 7-10 days and take recommended precaution. During this time scabs will continue to flake off
- We will guide you about all this once we have a better understanding of your need and skin.
Treatment Facts and Guidelines
|Fraxel treatments usually last between 15-45 minutes|
|Most patients see the best results with 1-5 Fraxel treatments|
|Fraxel works with your body’s natural skin cells, so results typically take 1-3 weeks to take effect. Click here to see real patient Before & After photos|
|Most Fraxel patients report the sensation of a “light sunburn” immediately after treatment, but treatment plans can vary, so ask your physician about the specifics of your treatment. Hear real patient treatment stories here|
Potential side effects include prolonged redness, swelling, blistering, scarring, infection, pigmentary changes (hyperpigmentation) , herpes reactivation and acne flare-up.
Results: Before and After
See more patients pictures here